Sunday 24 April 2016

POSTER

Dear Readers,

When I started planning my digipak, I looked at different posters of different bands. Most of the posters I looked at were really simply made. For instance, the bands have put their name with a special font or just their logo.
  Example:
  • "The Rolling Stones" is written in a simple, not reinforcing the stereotype,  font.
  • They have used simple black colour background (The Rock'n'Roll colour)
  •  They have also added the famous logo of the band.










However, I was looking for something more imaginative and creative. Something that was not often seen in the Western Europe. That is why I researched an Eastern band called Dubioza Kolektiv ( The song I am using for the music video is created by them) and I came up with one of their old posters.
This poster was the basis of my poster. The reason I liked it was:
  • because ll the members of the band are on it.
  • because it is shown the stereotypical look of Eastern Europe by being seen as a villagers. 
  • because they are wearing clothes with black and yellow colours which are the main colours of the band.
  • because they have shown some of the traditional folk instruments such as accordion and a drum.
  • because they have shown what eastern Europeans are most proud of- a bottle of rakia.


After knowing what I would be looking for I had to make a small sketch of the poster. The first think I want it was to take a group photo of the band. However, they had to work as a villagers and as an Eastern European revolutionists. Example:


  • The main characteristics of a revolutionists in the Eastern Europe of 19 century were the long moustache. 
  • As the audience could notice, they had to wear a comfortable clothes. In 21st century such clothes are known as sports kit. 
  • And the last thing is the face expression! The actors should look mature and wise like the man on the photo.  



Once I applied all this points into my poster the results were satisfying. I work with the colours by making the poster look old. The focus colours were red and yellow as the audience could notice. 
Moreover, the look of some of the actors were scary, but also they look really wise. The moustache contributed to that. The shorter people, however, look happy. They smile and have fun. As the audience could notice, I used different colour letters. The reason to do the was because the punk genre can be really colourful and messy. However, because my genre is not entirely punk but also ska I thought that soft colours will make the poster look good.






No comments:

Post a Comment