Tuesday 15 March 2016

POST-PRODUCTION- HOW DID IT GO?

Dear Readers,

As I have mentioned before in my previous posts, few weeks ago I finished filming my music video of the song ''U.S.A'' by Dubioza Kolektiv. The location of the filming was in Bulgaria. There are scenes filmed in a music studio located in Sofia, some scenes were filmed in a actual New York film set also located in the capital and the final shots took place in a small village called Plana.
 The first think I did once I finish filming was to follow the storyboard and the plan which I made specially for the editing. The first think I began with was the establishing shots of the Easter European Nature. There I worked on the colors of the image and on the stabilization of the beginning scene. To make it stable so that it looked nice, I used warp stibilizer. However, when I applied the effect it still could be a little bit see that it has been work on that scene and it has been edited with effect. After that I added the title of the song where I used the colors of the band which are yellow and orange.
  Once I finish with the beggining, I focused on the scenes filmed in the music studio. Once I started adding parts of this scenes I noticed that I haven't done enough filming. The reason for that was because the receptionist of the music video forgot to add us on the list and I had 30-40 min to film this part which wasn't enough. However, I handle the situation by adding the parts where the musicians dance, laugh and have fun. It looked ok because it represented the band as a funny and energetic. Furthermore, I had to make some fixes in the scenes so that I could synchronize the singing and the playing on the instruments with the song. For that I used, speed duration and made the scene a little bit slower.
  The third scene where the musician look like they are a villagers, I didn't do any changes. I added them in a way to make a story which the audience will understand. The only thing I added was the speech bubble where they say few lines of the kyrics. I made the effect on Adobe After Effects in a way to look like it is drawned. To me it fits perfectly because its something new and untroditionallike the Hybrid genre.
Moreover, I added some spotlight effects the scene where the ferry comes and sends one of the villagers in New York. With this effect I aimed to show that the ferry will do something magical. It give the sense that the ferry comes from a different dimension. The moment whenshe sends him in New York, I useda small parts from a video of New York. The reason to do that was because the New York set we used wasn't fully made.
  Overall, I was happy with the way I added the video. I used conventions to represent the genre by creating different effect like the speech bubble and I used the colors of the band on the title.

No comments:

Post a Comment