Monday 22 February 2016

FINISHED WITH THE FILMING PART

Dear Readers,

This half-term I manage to film everything for my final piece music video. In my previous post I mentioned the song on which I will make my own interpretation of the video. I have used amateur actors but from the work we did I think the audience won't notice. During the filming I had to change few things in terms of shooting schedule, the amount of people I had to use in the some of the scenes but eventually I managed to handle the problem quickly and it didn't harm my work.

The first problem I had to handle was the film schedule I made last month ( it is posted on the blog ). Unfortunately, the week I was in Bulgaria to shoot the sequel was quite busy for the actors because it was full with exams which they had to do. This exams were unexpected for the actors and that is why I had to make a new one which will be posted later on my blog. As the audience can notice, I was planning to film everything at the beginning of the half term (which was 12 Feb) so that I could keep my audience posted how the filming process going. Eventually, I decided that the only time I could film my video will be the last days of the half term. This change harm my plan to keep posted my audience with my work.

The second problem I had to handle was to get a premission to change the date to film in Cinema Center Boyana and to use the New York set for my video. The problem there was that I had to limit the number of extras's I wanted to use for the scenes in there due to important Hollywood production filmed close to the set. From 17 extras I had to limit them to 6. This caused changes to the way I wanted to shoot the particular scenes but in the end I was happy with the final result in filming there.

My final problem and the one that was impossible for me to fix was the weather. During my stay in Bulgaria I was expecting sunny, relatevely hot weather. However, I was surprised with foggy and rainy weather until the end of my stay there. This, also, caused some changes in my prepared storyboard. I had to plan my time carefully so that I could find simple and easy solution so that both my audience and the actors could be satisfied. For the scenes where the main characters meet in a traditional village field in the mountains I changed the location to be again in a traditional Eastern European village but insted the main action to be set on a field, I filmed it on a small  shop in the center of the village.

By the end of my stay, I was happy with what I manage to film and how I handled the situation. The only thing I wasn't happy with was the establishing shots I made in the forest. However, I hope with the help of Adobe Premiere Pro I will manage to make the image more colourful and pleasant to be seen by the audience. Keep following my blog for more updates. Expect some amazing location photos with the cast and the assistance that helped me during the whole filming.

No comments:

Post a Comment