Wednesday 4 November 2015

SHORT FILM: EVALUATION



I chose to concentrate on short clip brief which help me to remember how well I need to plan my project. The name of my film is ‘’Late Again’’ I used limited number of people to help me with the pre-production process.
At the beginning I concentrated on my planning. It didn’t take me long to come with the idea of a movie. When I had the idea in my head I began making a story board which helped me focus on the camera techniques and the different shots I could use during the filming process.
For instance, I found really interesting the beginning shots I made because they present simple introduction of the location where the action is taking place. The slow pan of the fields and the sunrise perpetuated the idea of the peacefulness of the town where my main character lives. Another interesting scene where I manage to use techniques which I have never used before was the close up of my main character’s phone. I used it because I want it my audience to engage more with my character’s problem.
I terms how successful was the whole planning I was satisfied. I had my ideas written down, I had made a nice presentation of the people participating in the film making process and their role in it. Besides that I managed to find really interesting songs which contribute to the atmosphere of the film. The song I chose to use at the beginning of the film was the well know classical song ‘’Morning Mood’’ created by Edvard Grieg. What I was aiming from that was to show my audience the area where Charles (my main character) lives and to see later in the movie how messy is Charles. From presenting his room as not very clean and ordered I was aiming to tell the audience how difficult is Charles’s life.
The moment when Charles finds out that he is late for work I used another song called ‘’Blitzkrieg Bop’’ created by Ramones. With the help of that song I manage to create a very interesting atmosphere. I want it to make my audience curious what will happen next with the main character or will he make it to get to his office before his boss finds out that he is missing.

In the end of the film I used the song ‘’Don’t Stop Belivin’ ’’ by Journey. I thought it will be appropriate to use it because it is relevant to the song. The moment when Charles oppose to his boss is the culmination of the whole movie. The audience could see how Charles finally has grown and became a man. 

No comments:

Post a Comment